Your skin naturally sheds. From birth our skin sheds and reproduces new cells at a fast rate. As we age our skin cycle lengthens going from 28 days to longer cycles. It is important to exfoliate on a regular basis (1-2 times a week).
10 Reasons to start exfoliating today
1. Exfoliating removes dead skin and impurities
2. It increases circulation
3. It helps detoxify the body/ cleanses the lymphatic system
4. Reduces the appearance of cellulite by moving fatty deposits through the body
5. It helps creams absorb better into the skin
6. It helps slow the effects of aging (exfoliating brings newer cells to the surface- giving a more
youthful/ healthy appearance)
7. It helps prevent ingrown hairs (from waxing or shaving)
8. It stimulates oil producing glands to keep skin soft and supple
9. Helps with the absorption of nutrients through the skin
10. Contributes to healthier muscle tone
It’s best to exfoliate towards the heart- start with the feet up then hands, arms, back, stomach and
chest. Work gently around the lymph nodes to help move lymph through the body. Woman should also gently exfoliates their breasts. It’s best to exfoliate on dry skin before showering.
Bring on the radiant smooth skin! Happy exfoliating!